Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Well, how about that.

You may recall that at the end of my post about finding a well driller, I said we had to hope for not too much snow - and, what do you know, the first day of winter rolled around a couple days later and the winter weather came right along with it. A little snow here, a little snow there (including a White Christmas!!), and then we got slammed with about a foot of snow on 12/27. 

Snow accumulation on my parents' deck, 12/27/12
There were additional small accumulations following that, but things have been pretty calm for the last couple days; so calm that my dad drove into the site and was able to drive a few laps without issue around where the well is planned to go. Also, Matt and I spent New Years Eve on a snowshoeing adventure all around the 40+ acres, and although the snow was deep the conditions didn't seem too slushy. So, my dad left a message with Moravec saying that he thought we had the green light.

At 7:30 this morning, we got a surprise call saying Moravec was on their way! Woo hoo! We were all pretty excited to get some real progress under way. I packed snow boots into my car with the hopes of spending my lunch break snapping some pictures of the drilling. However..... come 9AM, the operation was called off on account of mud after all. Sigh. I felt bad for the guys for coming all that way with their big trucks, but I guess they had another place to go in the area, so it wasn't all for naught on their end at least. But, it is still quite a bummer that we couldn't actually drill today. Next we'll have to clean off snow from the site so it will freeze up better, and then we can hopefully get moving. Luckily we're not on a time crunch at this point anyways.

No comments:

Post a Comment